Program Manager, Durham PreK Workforce Support
Lead early childhood workforce development activities and services in support of Durham PreK. As a member of the Durham PreK team, develop and lead a new innovative apprenticeship mentoring program for Early Childhood Educator Apprentices in the Durham PreK program. Work collaboratively to develop systems and strategies for apprenticeships with the goal to build capacity in the early childhood workforce in the universal preschool initiative. Oversee mentors working directly with apprentices.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner
- Coordinate strategies with the program team to build capacity in the early childhood workforce in Durham PreK in alignment with the DPK Equity Plan.
- Lead the planning team for the Durham Career Expo, a career capacity building event of the DPK program.
- Lead and manage the implementation of the Early Childhood Educator Apprenticeship program in Durham.
- Attend and participate in meetings with community partners to facilitate the program.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment of apprentices and mentors.
- Train mentors on program expectations regarding communication and tracking of mentoring activities.
- Oversee mentors by regularly communicating and through setting, monitoring and assessing mentors’ goals on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and request stipends for mentors based on established procedure.
- Produce and deliver weekly and monthly reports on program implementation and financial expenditure tracking.
- Maintain accurate and current records of program activities and expenditures.
- Coordinate with T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® North Carolina Scholarship Program’s staff regarding recruitment and scholarship eligibility of ECE Apprentices.
- Provide data pertinent to the program and assist in preparing reports as requested.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by agency leadership
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Computer experience; knowledge of Microsoft Excel and knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn FileMaker Pro
- Attention to detail with ability to perform assignments efficiently and accurately. Must deliver quality customer service, demonstrate the ability to effectively problem-solve and provide leadership in a productive team environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in related field or a Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4 years of related experience
- Experience with and or extensive knowledge of the course requirements and processes in the community college and higher education systems in North Carolina
- Bilingual in Spanish is a strong asset
- Management and supervisory experience preferred.
Special Working Requirements:
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage; Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities
- Must have internet access at in-home residence to support remote work arrangements as necessary and determined by the agency and supervisor
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
- May work in shared space.
CCSA has a generous benefits package. Permanent employees that work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer contribution to 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid annual and sick leave
- 15 paid days of holiday leave
- Paid child Involvement Leave
- Paid discretionary leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child Care Tuition payments
- And more…
CCSA also offers many fringe benefits. Some of the fringe benefits include:
- Commitment to diversity and equity
- Casual dress work environment
- Hybrid work schedules / flexible schedules
- Direct deposit
- Standing and emergency payroll advances
- Child Care Referral assistance
- And more…
CCSA has been awarded Living Wage Employer Certifications in Orange and Durham Counties, and is a Family Forward NC Certified Employer.
$44,878 - $64,538
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@childcareservices.org
Click here to view posting on CCSA's website