Technical Assistance Pipeline
Since Durham PreK will set high quality standards, Durham County Government wants to support community based early education programs in their work towards meeting these standards through a Technical Assistance (TA) Pipeline. Programs in the pipeline will receive:
- weekly on-site coaching/TA
- support around professional development and education planning
- TA related to the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS™) domains and dimensions
- leadership development for early education program directors
- other supports toward goals identified by individual classroom quality improvement plans
Joining the TA Pipeline
In the fall of 2018, 15 preschool sites entered the Technical Assistance Pipeline for the inaugural year. Five of those sites became active Durham PreK sites for the 2019-2020 school year. Are you interested in receiving this service to enhance quality early childhood education and access professional development assistance? Read more below to see which options are available to you.
What does it cost to receive TA?
Programs in the TA Pipeline will not incur any monetary costs, but programs will need to commit to making quality improvement a priority.
This requires investing time and actively engaging in the professional development process. Durham PreK TA services are funded through Durham County Government.
Is my center eligible for the Durham PreK TA Pipeline?
Yes, if you:
- Are located in Durham County
- Have capacity to serve four-year-olds
- Are currently a 3-5 star licensed center
What if my center doesn’t meet these requirements?
Programs that are legally operating unlicensed, GS110, or currently below 3 Stars can contact CCSA regarding additional TA services offered.
Does being in the TA Pipeline guarantee a future Durham PreK placement?
No. Although to be considered for Durham PreK, it is favorable that your program is in the Durham PreK TA Pipeline, it is not a guarantee that your site will automatically become a Durham PreK site. A separate application and selection process will be developed for selection as a Durham PreK site.
Durham PreK TA Pipeline Application Documents and Rubrics: