Family Support Coordinator
Coordinate programmatic and administrative resources and information related to the Durham PreK program and child care referral services, to ensure families access the community and individual services they need.
- Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner
- In collaboration with the Child Care Referral Director, Durham PreK (DPK) program manager and local partner agencies, develop and implement child application strategies to support the success of each application stage leading up to enrollment.
- Collaborate with DPK staff, referral staff and partners, to help facilitate completion of children’s viable public preschool applications and streamline recruitment and enrollment efforts across community services.
- Manage the central information and enrollment phone line for the Durham PreK program.
- Facilitate the delivery of accurate information to families; making adjustments as necessary to ensure program information and communication are delivered to specifications and high standards.
- Coordinate appropriate referrals, resources, and information on the wide array of options available in the community to meet the needs of families.
- Develop, implement, and execute the Durham PreK application appointment process through the online portal.
- Facilitate communication with partners and families to support virtual and in-person application appointments.
- Counsel and educate parents about the factors that constitute quality education programs.
- Conduct preliminary screening of calls for eligibility for Durham PreK and other programs.
- Follow-up with families regarding missing information for concurrent review as needed.
- Actively participate in program committee meetings.
- Contribute to an effective program by taking the lead to complete assigned special projects both independently and in collaboration with team members.
- Assist with development and facilitation of trainings or informational sessions pertinent to staff or client needs.
- Maintain and coordinate a master calendar for application appointment scheduling, confirmations, and tracking.
- Manage deadlines and progress reports by tracking stages and status of SurveyMonkey Apply applications.
- Enter family data into a database using a system of checks and balances to maintain accurate and up-to-date information.
- Delegate tasks to appropriate team members.
- Assist community partners with clarifying status of applications, documents needed, and linking documents to appropriate files.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers and other project users to gauge satisfaction and success.
- Assist in outreach efforts to promote Durham PreK and CCRC including outreach activities, information sessions, newsletter contribution, and community events to include occasional evening and weekend events.
- Due to the nature of the work, Family Support Coordinators should have patience, compassion and a strong desire to help the public.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Fluent in Spanish (both verbal and written communication).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer experience (i.e., excel, SurveyMonkey, internet, MS Office suite); knowledge of or demonstrated ability to use database applications, including the ability to document while simultaneously taking information over the phone
- Attention to detail with ability to accurately handle large volume of administrative work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Child Development or related human services.
- A minimum of two-year’s experience working directly with families and children with at least one year’s experience working with Spanish speaking families.
SPECIAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
- May work in shared space
- Must be bilingual (Spanish & English)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org