All children who live in Durham County and who will be 4 years old by August 31st of the applying school year are eligible to apply. With Durham PreK’s universal application, families can submit one application to be considered for classrooms in Durham Head Start, Durham Public Schools, and 5-star licensed community-based centers funded by NC Pre-K and Durham PreK. Click the button below to get started!
Durham PreK works closely with many local organizations and resources that serve Durham children and families. Click the buttons below to find resources and the community event calendar!
All Durham County children who have turned 4 by August 31 of the applying school year are eligible for Durham PreK. Below is Durham PreK’s sliding scale for families:
- Free for families below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) based on household size
- 2% parent fee at 400% FPL and above based on families' gross monthly income
Durham PreK sites completed the provider application process and were chosen based on a rubric that ensured high-quality education for each child. Each classroom will have a Birth-to-Kindergarten Licensed teacher and will follow the high-quality standards determined by the Durham PreK Governance Committee.
Search our interactive map to see which Durham PreK sites are near you!
Would you like to be featured on our website?
- Has Durham PreK helped your family?
- Does your child love their Durham PreK teachers?
- Has one of your child's teachers gone above and beyond to make your family feel welcomed?